Your Personal Wealth Management Team
What Makes True Different in the Marketplace?
- Our overall fee structure is less than that of the average mutual fund.(2)
- We are an Independent registered investment advisor with no broker dealer affiliation.
- We avoid a significant conflict of interest by not offering any proprietary funds.
- As your Personal Wealth Manager, we are able to coordinate your complete planning process with your CPAs and Attorneys through financial, retirement, estate, tax, insurance, and risk management planning.
- Focus on giving back to the community through Blue Valley Schools, Ozanam, Lenexa Rotary, Leawood Rotary, Natalie’s A.R.T. Foundation, and the Johnson County Christmas Bureau.
- The principles of the Certified Financial Planner™ professional (CFP®) designation is the foundation for our entire financial planning process.
- We are a team of college graduates with business education, including degrees in business, finance, marketing, chemistry, and biology.
- We have Fortune 100 business experience.
- Listed by The Research Council of America as one of America’s Top Financial Planners, 2014 and 2015.
- Bryan Sarff is an Army Reserve Veteran honorably discharged as a Field Medic.
- Financial Planning focus for more than 13 years.
- Brian Paulsen has the honor of holding three patents.
- Coordinated review of your estate planning documents by a legal associate who has worked with thousands of clients and their unique estate planning wants and needs.
Bernicke, Ty. A. (2011, April). The Real Cost Of Owning A Mutual Fund. Forbes.com
Carson, B. (2015, March). The Mutual Fund Fees We Don’t Talk About. Money.usnews.com
Goodman, B. (2013, March). The Hidden Cost fo Doing Business. Barrons.com
The Limo Story
Imagine being picked up in a sleek, black limo by your financial advisor. Your advisor opens the door and you climb in for your ride to retirement. You’ve discussed the destination, put together the investment plan, and you’ve set your risk tolerance to 70% stocks and 30% bonds. The door shuts giving you complete privacy with the glass up between you and the driver. You make your favorite drink, turn on the television and lean back to relax as the limo heads down the highway.
You realize you slipped into a short nap when you are jolted awake, off-road in your limo. You look out the window only to see that you are headed down a ravine and into a Kansas cornfield at 70 miles an hour. This can’t end well. You knock on the glass behind the driver. No answer. So you start pounding and screaming at the window. Still no answer. You look to your left and right for something heavy and you eye a hammer; and with one big “whack” the glass is broken.
But your troubles don’t end there. There’s no one driving your car! The cruise control is set on 70, but your advisor is NOT behind the wheel as you go flying into the cornfield. So you squeeze through the small window; like a Saint Bernard through a cat door; jump behind the wheel and slam on the brakes, bringing the car to a skidding halt. What went wrong? You call your advisor and exclaim, “Where are you? Our limo is completely off-track and no one is driving our car.” He says “just wait, it’ll find its way back to the highway on its own”. “When?” you ask. “I don’t know but just be patient, it will come back.” You think to yourself that this is crazy. And then you remember about the troubles with buy-and-hold investing.
What happens too often in today’s marketplace is no one is behind the wheel of your investments. Whether your money is invested for college, a new house, a business start-up, or retirement; most of today’s investment plans are flying down the highway with no one behind the wheel.
If this sounds nuts to you, then we humbly raise our hand to sit behind the wheel of your investments and monitor them each and every day. We have built a system and a process that allows us to watch all of your investments, make changes as necessary, and provide you with a website to check in on us as we navigate behind the wheel of your personal limousine. Our process is guided by your personal goals and we can speed up the limo on clear days, slow down when we approach traffic, and even pull off of the road if necessary to protect your wealth from the rough roads on the way to retirement or any of your financial goals.